Monday, May 10, 2010

Polyhedral structures and package designs

Research Images




Phase I




Phase II



In the beginning of phase one of the project i was inspired by bubbles. I liked how the shapes stacked on one another and how it took a organic shape in the end. When it came time to make the polyhedral i wanted something inspired by bubbles but still had a a definite shape. I put different size holes in the polyhedral so one could see through it at all different angles. After constructing the polyhedral structure, i chose to do watercolor. I wanted the effects of watercolor on the polyhedral structure because it looks like liquid spills to continue with the bubble inspiration. I also added ink to the project because it gives the same effect and it gave more depth. For phase two we had to create a a packing design out of polyhedral structures. I decided to do a water color palette and turn it into a soccer ball. Each shape on the soccer ball is a different color palette. I decided to turn it into a soccer to make it more appealing and eye catching. For each side of where the water color palette i cut into the shape to make an dent to place the palette.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and interesting projects.
    It is clear in the outcome of both polyhedral sculpture and packaging that you enjoyed the colorful process.
    Phase 1: A
    Phase 2: A

    ReplyDelete